Rules for SSAC - New-Yin\Yang
The Scorekeeper last approved scores for this shoot on: unknown
Shoot Begins: Wednesday, January 1, 2020
Shoot Ends: Thursday, January 2, 2020
Scores must be Submitted by: Friday, January 3, 2020 and within 7 days of being shot.
New Proposed Shoot
This shoot is pulled from the old Atlantian Seasonal Challenge. It is simply a fun shoot which forces you to weigh your skills versus the risk you wish to take. The highest points are the closest to the highest negative points.
Please read the SSAC General Rules, as these apply to all SSAC shoots. Below are the additional rules for this specific shoot.
Take a standard FITA 60cm target, use a compass, draw two half-circles to make an `S` curve that stretches from top to bottom of the target`s scoring area:
- Draw a semi-circle that connects the top edge of the 1-ring with the center of the bullseye (set the static end of your compass in the middle of the 3-ring). This is the top of your S-curve.
- Now draw a semi-circle that connects the center of the bullseye to the to the bottom edge (set the static end of your compass in the middle of the 3-ring). This is the bottom of your S-curve.
- Use a marker to make the S more visible from 20 yards.
If you have drawn it correctly, you should see a large capital S overlayed on the target`s scoring area.
The S-curve creates the Yin and Yang areas of the target. The Yin is the upper/right area of the target. The Yang is the lower/left area of the target.
- The challenge consists of 4 ends at 20 yards.
- Scores CAN go below zero. Your final score may be negative.
- Arrows that break or just touch the dividing line between scoring zones are scored in the archer`s favor.
- Archers must shoot the ends in the order listed.
All ends are shot at 20 yards.
Standard RR scoring, but with negative values for hitting the "Foe" side.
Stage 1 - The Yin
For the first two ends, the upper/right area has positive values, the lower/left area has negative values. For example: a shot high and right in the 2-ring is worth the usual 2 points. But a shot low and left in the 4-ring is -4 points.
End 1: Yin 6 arrows, untimed
End 2: Speed Yin timed, 30 seconds
Stage 2 - The Yang
For the 3rd and 4th ends, the scoring values are flipped - the upper/right area is now negative, the lower/left area is positive.
End 3: Yang 6 arrows, untimed
End 4: Speed Yang timed, 30 seconds
This shoot was provided by:
The Atlantian Archery Community, for questions contact:Master Jonathas